Springtime is upon us! Below are several ways that you can celebrate the season with your senior loved one.
- Spend time outdoors. The sunshine is returning and that means we have ample opportunity to get outside and enjoy nature. Plan a walk with your loved one at a local community park, or for those who are not mobile, open the windows in their home and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine with them. Find a park bench and sit together outside, or eat a meal outdoors.
- Go to the local farmers market. Shop for seasonal produce with your loved one and enjoy a social outing at the same time! Pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers to leave at their home.
- Create an indoor garden. Work with your loved one to create an herb garden that they can use at home.
- Embrace the idea of spring cleaning and support your loved one in cleaning out old boxes or simply tidying their home.
- Invite the birds to visit by setting up a bird feeder at your loved one’s home so they can have fun watching the various types stopping by for a snack.
- Plan a picnic. Invite other friends and family to celebrate the season with a potluck picnic at a local park.
We hope you enjoy time spent with your senior loved one throughout this season.
Oakmont will soon open a second luxury senior living community in Santa Clarita, Oakmont of Valencia. Opening in Spring 2019, Oakmont of Valencia will offer comprehensive assisted living and resident-centered memory care in a resort-style setting. Residents at Oakmont of Santa Clarita and Oakmont of Valencia enjoy five-star amenities like a salon & day spa, movie theater, restaurant-style dining, gardens and walking paths, pet park and more. Oakmont of Santa Clarita also offers Traditions, a Memory Care community dedicated to meeting the specialized needs of seniors with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Oakmont’s enrichment program offers a variety of engaging activities that encourage residents to spend time outside. From excursions to local parks, to scenic drives and resident gardens on-site, residents engage in stimulating activities each and every day. To learn more about Oakmont, contact us at 661-295-2025 or visit our websites: www.oakmontofsantaclarita.com and www.oakmontofvalencia.com.