September 9th is Grandparents Day. This national holiday provides the opportunity to honor grandparents and remind them how special they are. Here are a few ways that you can celebrate:
- Interview Grandparents – whether your parents are grandparents to your children, or you are lucky enough to have grandparents who are still living, schedule a time, via phone or in-person, to interview them. Hear from them about important life stories, events and people in their lives who have made an impact. Consider recording your interview so that it can become a memorable keepsake.
- Bake them a sweet treat – make a cake or deliver cookies to your grandparents as a symbol of your love for them.
- Create and send a homemade card – spend the time making a unique and thoughtful card and then write a heartfelt note communicating their importance to you.
- Cook them a meal – invite them to your home for a special dinner honoring them and the role they have played as grandparents.
- Ask your children to list off all of the reasons they love visiting their grandparents and create a book for them to showcase what your children look forward to when they spend time together.
- Make a coupon booklet that grandparents can elect to use whenever they choose. Perhaps there’s a coupon for washing the car and another for mowing the lawn. Thoughtful services are a great way to show your love.
- Get together with the grandparents in your life and watch a movie that honors them. Choose from films like Princess Diaries, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or On Golden Pond.
However you choose to celebrate, we hope you find a way to honor grandparents both near and far on September 9th!
Oakmont is a luxury senior living community in Santa Clarita located on seven acres of land on Newhall Ranch Road and offering independent and assisted living. Residents enjoy five-star amenities like a salon & day spa, movie theater, restaurant-style dining, gardens and walking paths, pet park and more. Oakmont of Santa Clarita also offers Traditions, a Memory Care community dedicated to meeting the specialized needs of seniors with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. To learn more about Oakmont of Santa Clarita, contact us at 661-295-2025 or visit our website www.oakmontofsantaclarita.com.